Lesson four Reflexive pronoun as a direct object By tariq aziz



Lesson four Reflexive pronoun as a direct object


We use a Reflexive pronoun as a direct object to reflect back to the
subject

 

Tariq is teaching himself to play the guitar

The subject is tariq (Tariq is
teaching)

The object
is also tariq (tariq is teaching Tariq)

 

The position of Reflexive pronoun is immediate after the verb


Teaching >>verb
Teaching
himself
I
am teaching myself
to play guitar
Sara
is teaching herself
to play guitar

We can use a reflexive pronoun as direct object with most
transitive verbs, but these are the most common:
Amuse
Blame
Cut
Dry
Enjoy
Help
Hurt
Introduce
Kill
Prepare
Satisfy
Teach
I cut myself with the knife when I was chopping vegetables in the kitchen
Maine apney app ko kaat liya chhoori sey jab main
sabziya kat raha tha kitchen mein
You hit yourself when you were using the hammer at work
Tum ney apney app zarb lagayi jab tum hammer
estamal kar raha tha kam per

He helps himself
Wooh apni madad khud
karta hai

We
enjoyed ourselves
at the beach
Hum
khud hi mazey kartey hai beach per

Ali
blamed himself
for the car accident
Ali
khud ko zimadar samjhta tha car accident ka liye

We
blamed ourselves
for the mistake
Hum
khud zimdar they galati
k liye

They encouraged themselves.
Unhey ney khud apna hosla bharhya  tha

I hurt myself.
Main
khud ko takleef di thi

I
introduced myself
to her parents
Maine
us key parents sey khud ko mutraif karwaya

Some
verbs change their meaning slightly when they have a reflexive
pronoun as direct object:

Would
you like to help
yourself
to another drink?

Would you like to take another drink.
Kiya
app aik aur drink pena pasnd karey gai

I
wish the children would behave themselves.

 = I
wish the children would behave well.
Main
umeed karta ho bachey achey sey behave karey gai

He
found himself
lying by the side of the road.

= He
was surprised when he realised that he was at the side of the road.
Usey
hirani hui jab us ney khud ko road ki side per letey hue paya

I
saw myself as
a famous actor.

= I
imagined that I was a famous actor.
Main
khud ko aik mashoor actor k rop mein dheka

He
busied himself
in the kitchen.

 = He
worked busily in the kitchen.
Wooh kitchen mein khud ko kam mein masroof kiye hue tha
Question Answer
How many parts
of a computer are there?name them
There are four
main parts of a computer
CPU
Monitor
Keyboard
Mouse
Today’s question
How many senses
are there? Name them


Golden words of
the day


My
children are the reason that I smile, that I laugh, that I cry, they are my
happy place, my frustration. They are what make my heart beat and sometimes
break. My children are my everything.
Silent Tears
Nobody Is Perfect and I am Nobody

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.
Subscribe Our Newsletter